Today is another one of those days. It hurts. I sold Joe's bed on Saturday and
am working on turning that bedroom into my office and putting a twin bed in the room.
Today I am cleaning out some drawers and the closet and packing the rest of Joe's clothing and things into bags for Goodwill. When Nancy and I cleaned out a lot of his things last March (things we knew he would never use again) it was not that hard. But now it is, because he is truly gone. I was ok until I picked up his soft flannel pajamas today and then I fell apart.
Anyone who thinks we don't change, doesn't know or understand life. I change daily it seems.
That's what life is really..... a series of changes, and we darn well better change with it, or we sit in a corner babbling. So I am doing my best today and knowing the truth, that it is all good. I would not want Joe here like he was. I would not wish that on anyone. So I accept the changes, but that doesn't make them easy. They aren't. It is just so much harder than I ever thought it would be...knowing he is really gone. I am so thankful for the many, many years of treasured and cherished memories. Don't think there's another one out there like him. And that is really what I miss and long for. I talk to him all the time and I have no doubt at all that he hears and answers. And I ask him- is there anyone else like you? But I already know the answer.
