Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The joy of the pool.........

My PC says it was 89 degrees when I went to the pool, but I don't believe it. The pool was totally shaded by 4:15, so need to go a little earlier. I am sure the heat was turned on but was quite low, and there was a breeze, so my shoulders felt almost cold all the time they were out of the water. What a joy to be able to finally get back in the pool and do my exercises. I really did enjoy it, even though I would have liked it a bit warmer. Today my hip joints began to hurt, so that really got me back in the pool. Tomorrow I will get a massage, and next week will see the chiropractor. Know the real problem is that my body is out of alignment, and I have been way over 2 weeks not in the pool. The pool really keeps me pain free, but right now I need all my resources to get myself back in shape. I tried wearing thong sandals on my feet today, but my right foot did not like that either. So back to more support until it is 100% healed.

What a fall this has been. Have never known a time of my life with so many deaths. First, my friend Carmen late August, then Joe in early September and then Carmen's husband's mother and Carmen's mother have both died, and Phil (my sister Nancy's husband) has now lost 2 of his brothers, one in August and one this week. (Nancy said he was dying 2 days ago and have not heard anymore from her, so that tells me they are probably out of town). Then today Esther writes me that her half sister in Lake Havasu has died this week. I knew or had met all of these people except Esther's sister. Maybe this is just what it is like as you get older. I remember Joe and I used to say every time his mother called us, it was to tell us someone she knew had died. Now here I am, going through the same thing.

Hospice of the Valley called me today just to check on me and see if I wanted anyone to talk to me, and would even send someone to my home. They are so wonderful! I declined but I appreciate. I think I am doing fine. I have my moments, but that is normal.