



Sometimes I get all caught up in the card sending, buying the gifts, mailing the packages and forget why we have Christmas. I know this doesn't just happen to me either. It is how we are.
I may look at Christmas a bit different than most people, but I still like the reason for the season to be an experience for me. Today is only December first, and by golly, it has already happened.
My neighbor and friend, Tanya, called me this afternoon and invited me to go with her to the Franciscan Renewal Center to see a musical theatre production titled BUON NATALE, Saint Francis and the Nativity. The hook that got me there is that Renee Morgan Brooks sings at the Center often. I did not know this until Tanya told me and then when she heard Renee sing at Joe's service, she confirmed it was the one and the same Renee. So she mentioned Renee might be a part of this production and I said yes, I would attend with her.
What a delightful and magical evening we experienced. Renee was the narrator of the entire event (and did a magnificent job) as well as singing, too. All the musicians and cast were wonderful, all very talented. And the musical director was fantastic, as he acted in the production as well as sing several songs. Several times it brought tears to my eyes, and complete joy to my heart.
The key player was a young boy playing the role of Francis of Assisi, and I learned some history I never knew before, about the nativity and about Francis. Tanya had just been in Assisi this past summer, so this was all very special to her also.
Then with lighted candles we were part of a procession into the desert behind the center to see a real life manger and animals, walking through a multi-colored lighting of the palm trees, and our pathway was lined with candles on both sides of the path..... what a beatiful walk this was! It all ended with biscotti and hot chocolate. It was quite cold out in the desert tonight!
I truly felt like I had my "Christmas experience" tonight, and am very grateful for Tanya giving this to me.
