Today I wore a beautiful new amethyst and silver necklace to church on a new purple sweater.
I saw this necklace two weeks ago and wanted it but did not want to pay the price of it, so was thinking it over. There was only one like this, but knew if it was mine, it would be there for me.
I was cleaning out some drawers in a chest last week, and found stashed behind lingerie and gown and pj's, a billfold of Joe's with $ 142.00 in it. I knew it was my Christmas gift from him. So I now have the necklace. With tax, I had 3 extra dollars! Isn't that great? Sara Hosier who did a tarot card reading for me at Holistic Festival on 11/4 told me Joe would give me love gifts, like rainbows and other things. So I figure this was one of those "meant to be love gifts." He loved bringing me flowers and buying me pretty and nice things. So I know he is happy I have the necklace! And yes, it was still there when I went back a couple days ago!
This brought back another memory. The last Valentine's Day we were in our house, February 2006, Joe would walk every morning in the neighborhood. Since his dementia was getting worse all the time, I was afraid he would not find his way home. I made him wear a watch and told him what time he had to be back, and if he wasn't, I would come looking for it. (in fact this did happen a month or two later and we had to stop the walks). But this day I forgot to check the time and when I realized he was way past due, I become alarmed. Then suddenly the back door opened and in he walked with a dozen red roses and a Valentine's card! I was so stunned! He had walked a very long distance and crossed a very busy street to get to Fry's, and then bought me the flowers and card. I still cry when I think about it. What a monumental task that was for him at that time. So yes, I know he is happy I have the necklace! No doubts there!
