Monday, October 22, 2007

Feeling good...feeling thankful!

I woke up this morning after 9 1/2 hours sleep, feeling rested and wonderful. I began on second night in Illinois sleeping like a baby, all snuggled under blankets, my favorite way to sleep. This seemed at the time (as I slept wonderfully the rest of my nights there also) like a miracle and I wondered could I take this home with me. And I have! The last few months were so stressful for me, that sleeping became a real luxury. I have more energy and feel great. And this morning there was no pain in my feet at all. The rest of the good news, is that I never gained any weight during the 7 days I was gone (another miracle to me) and weighed the same on my return home as I weighed when I left. I was truly amazed at that! And more good news, today I have lost 3 more lbs. since I have been home. The bags under my eyes are getting smaller too. Well, that is my good news and good feeling for this day, and I feel happy. I give much thanks for all of these blessings. I learned long ago to say thank you for everything. Sometimes that takes more effort than it does at other times, but I still do it. I say thank you for everything!! Because it ALL Good. Even when it does not look like it is, it is meant for our highest good.
"Give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation."...Brian Tracy
"I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled in wonder.".....O.K. Chesterton
And on a lighter note: "Just think of all those women on the Titanic who said, 'no thank you' to dessert that night. And for what?!"......Erma Bombeck