This is corn country for sure! And it was beautiful and sun shining today but a bit chilly for me. 58 degrees this afternoon, but much colder when sun goes down. About 4:40 this afternoon we went to a Pumpkin Festival- little cool and should have gone earlier, so we plan to go back another day at an earlier time. Isaac did not want to leave-he loved it there. That was expected, but the big surprise to me was how much Emma Ruth loved it too. She cooed over the wooden pig and pumpkin cutouts, and loved the goats and bunnies. She just ran her little legs off looking at everything, and would not hold hands with anyone. She has a definite mind of her own. When her daddy says "give me five", she hold up her tiny little hand and smacks his hand!
After we left the Pumpkin Festival (of which Isaac noted, there were no pumpkins!), we went to Portillo's- wow! this place is so great I broke my "food program", and had a delicious chopped salad (which was ok for me), with a few bites of the best chocolate cake ever made. They are famous for their chocolate cake. But after taking a bite of Isaac's burger, I am going back tomorrow and have one of their burgers! (best I have ever eaten)
I just read to Isaac for his bedtime, and read him half of his "Batman and the Mad Hatter" book, promising to read the other half tomorrow night. I also told him some stories about my grandmother and things I did when I was a little girl in Oklahoma. He loved it.
Zachary is at a football game tonight, so have not seen him since he left for school this morning.
It has been another wonderful day.
(the post time listed is AZ time not IL time- I wrote this around 7:30 pm)
