Friday, October 12, 2007

More fun in Illinois, and sister, too.........

I am always writing this a day after the fact...yesterday. my sister Nancy, and her husband Phil, arrived from Kansas. They had planned a trip to see one of Phil's army buddy's (this trip was planned before they knew I was coming to Illinois), and it turns out ("as usual") the army buddy lives only an hour from my daughter. So they spent a couple days there and then arrived here around noon yesterday.It was their first time to see Emma Ruth and they had not seen Isaac since Deidre lived in Vegas, which was a few years ago. So we had a fun and joyous day, and they spent the night here (being good sports and sleeping on couches!) and left about 9:00 this morning to drive back to Kansas, which is a 10 hour drive for them.

I walked Isaac to kindergarten yesterday morning at his school, and then walked back to get him at 11:30. He is only there 3 hours and he loves it. Then I spent much of the afternoon helping him with his homework. Yes, lots of homework comes with kindergarten these days! This morning his great-uncle Phil walked him to school, only this morning, Isaac rode his bicycle and Phil almost had to run behind him, and then Phil helped him lock up his bicycle at school. Isaac loves company here and loves everyone walking him to school.

Emma Ruth is the darling and joy of every one's life! She keeps us laughing and she has this amazing cheerful and very pleasant disposition, and she is a Leo!
She has a unique sense of humor and thinks odd things are very funny. It is wonderful to see her laugh! What a precious treasure she is!

Zachary rushed in the door at 3:00 from school and had to leave very soon after to work from 4-10:00 last night. So I never saw him after he got home last night, as I crashed at 8:30 and slept until 8:00 this morning. That was wonderful! I did see Zachary briefly this morning as he had a rough night sleeping on a sofa in Isaac's playroom and went to school late this morning.
This is one busy household, with children of varying ages!

This morning is peaceful, and after a leisurely hot shower (the hottest water in the world is here-wish my water got this hot!)- I am enjoying the peace and quiet, and thrilled to have life slow down for me a bit. I was so looking forward to this trip, since the past month has been non-stop busy and stressful, as well as sad and shedding many tears. So it is so nice to be happy and be around such happiness and joy, and to calm down and slow down. Deidre had brand new white soft towels for me, my own new bath scrubbie, new bar of Dove soap, and a meditation CD on the player by my bed, and even had a duck sticker on the right button for me to press to turn it on to play when I went to bed. I hope this was for my ease and pleasure (and am sure it was) and not because she thinks I am too old to find the button! She also bought a lovely plant with red flowers for me to enjoy and all my favorite foods, and my favorite french vanilla sugar free creamer.
I am grateful and I am blessed.