I have been writing down my happiest moments (one or two a day so far) for three days now in my new purple journal. Yesterday was the hardest, and barely got one, but finally found it.
Today is the one I wish to write about though. My happiest moment to0day began as an idea as I was driving to a Dr. appt. this morning. I decided to call my daughter, Heidi and ask her if she wanted to have lunch with me today. I called her and she said yes, and we decided I would come to downtown Tempe where she works, and call her as soon as I was parked, and she would come meet me and we would go back to her office. I had not seen her new office since she moved in a beautiful new bldg., and had been wanting to see it. It was the continuation of happy to see her incredibly wonderful, fantastic office- she could not be in a more lovely office. But where we went to lunch was the supreme moment of happiness for the day. We walked a very short distance to a relatively new restaurant called "I AM". WOW! What a name! It is all healthy and organic food and is the most wonderful, really truly wonderful restaurant! She knows the owner as she is the one who showed him the space and signed him up for the location-(as part of her job). His name is Austin Vickers and he came and talked to us when we were eating lunch. I would say he was wonderful, but have already used that word too much, but he was anyway. He has 3 floors and one floor is for yoga, and the 3rd floor is for life coaching. I am highly recommending this restaurant so check it out online.
I had a Caesar and artichoke salad with yellow green tomatoes and salmon. Heidi had an Ezekiel 4:9 bun with wild salmon on it and fresh fruit. You choose your "vibe" for the bottled water and I chose JOY. I also had mint herbal hot tea.
This was a very enjoyable lunch and some very happy moments with Heidi today.
Today was exactly one month since Joe died. So I think we needed this lunch.
We shed a few tears and then had a happy lunch together.
My hardest day was yesterday as it was one month since I last saw him yesterday. That last day I spent 8 hours with him, and when he closed his eyes to sleep that evening, he never woke up the next morning. Joe is smiling over our happy day today.
